With the arrival of autumn and you started to take off the clothes of the season, shoes are one of the first aspects that begin to vary. You put aside the summer flip-flops by the boots. That’s why we want to give you some tips on how to combine boots above the knee. Keep reading and take note of our fashion recommendations to see you very well.
Some boots to impact
There is no negative point in the boots over the knee. These create a great impact when you use them, you will draw attention with them. But, it is important to know that they are not for anyone.
If you have a pair of high boots and you do not have confidence when using them, or do not know how you should wear them, it is best that you continue reading this post. It is a style guide for wearing knee boots.
This model of footwear is ideal for fall/winter so it cannot be missing in your wardrobe. The height of the boots makes them an ideal complement to protect you from the cold or rain, and add style to your look. In addition, they are comfortable and versatile.
How to wear boots above the knee
Knowing your body, your way of dressing and your wardrobe will help you put together a better look with high-top boots.
1. With a sweatshirt, sweater or oversized shirt
Since over-the-knee boots reach your thighs, they can be used to replace jeans. That is, as substitutes for pants. But, to cover the low temperatures recommended is to use an oversized sweater or sweater, which leaves a space of about 10 centimeters between shoes and clothing.
You will see very well, you will be protected from the cold and fashion. This look is ideal for tall women who do not like to attract attention to their size.
The look with an oversized shirt or that is your boyfriend and is great, will be ideal for not so cold days. Equal an excellent combination and very fresh. You’ll look fashionable and somewhat casual.
2. With jeans
This combination will allow you to have a very casual style, ideal for going to the mall, to the university or for a casual Friday at work. Wear your boots above the knee or even the ankle boots with a pair of skinny jeans, very close to the body. Using this you can have a style that attracts attention and that will be very comfortable. It is a style recommended for women with athletic bodies.
Another option is to wear white jeans with high boots, they are ideal to look fashionable and attract attention. The contrast of brown or black leather boots with the tone of the pants will allow you to catch glances when walking.
You can also wear your boots above the knee flat with worn or torn jeans, and wear them with a simple shirt and blazer. A very comfortable look, ideal for any casual outing.
And we could not leave out the high cut jeans. You can combine this type of trousers with high boots with or without heels and a black long sleeve blouse. You can give your outfit a little color with a pop-tone wallet. This is one of the best looks for this type of shoes.
The look with dark jeans is ideal for women with curves. Combining them with a blouse or long sweater will look perfect.
3. Wear them with shorts and shorts
You will think: “It’s very cold outside! How can I wear shorts? ” And the truth is not impossible. If you wear high boots over the knee, combined with shorts or shorts you will be well protected from the cold.
With this combination, you can keep your legs warm. Also, at the top, you can wear a sweatshirt or sweater. This will create a super chic look.
4. With a button down shirt
You can take a shirt from your boyfriend and turn it into a dress if you wear a pair of knee boots above the knee. You can be ready in just five minutes and still look great. Of course, make sure that the shirt is long enough, that it looks something similar to an oversized sweater.
You can also wear a button-down shirt your size, with skinny jeans and high suede boots. You can leave the shirt open with a white shirt underneath or button it all. This can become your favorite look for comfort and versatility.
5. With a maxi dress
It is an excellent combination, boots above the knee with a maxi dress. But, make sure the dress has an opening in front or side, so you can show off your boots. Because it’s useless to use them if you have them hidden under clothes.
On Pinterest you will find inspiration for different looks with high-top boots, there are options for all tastes.
6. Combines boots with skirts
You can choose to combine your high boots with different models of skirts, here some of the most popular options:
- With miniskirts. It is a widely spread and repeated look, nothing can go wrong. You will look sexy and chic.
- Another option is to use a formal skirt. This look is not for everyone, not everyone likes it, The idea is that the skirt covers your legs and comes a little over the boots, it should be a straight cut model. It is ideal to go to work or for more elegant situations, and perfect for petite women.
- Also, you can choose to wear high-top boots with long skirts, these should always have an opening, to create a look a bit sexy but at the same time conservative. The idea, as with the maxi dress, is that you see a bit of the boot through the dress.
- You can also choose short pleated skirts to match the boots. It is a not so popular combination, but one that looks very good.
- If you have curves and do not know how to combine high-top boots with skirts, opt for a skirt with spikes that reaches just above the boots.
7. With the outer garment
Combine the color of your boots with the tone of the coat, bomber or jacket that you are using to cover you from the cold. This will create a very pleasing visual sensation. It is not obligatory that you do it if you do not have the garments that combine, but if you have them it will look great.
And to add a different tone you can add a contrast scarf.
It is also allowed to play with the textures, combine your boots with a vest or coat of faux fur to have a very winter style.
8. With leather pants
A look that could not be absent from this list of how to wear boots above the knee is that of leather pants. It looks excellent, you can wear it with a white button-down shirt and a beige coat and you’ll complete a fashion look that will capture looks.
9. With a short dress
A dress that is just above the boots will look great, will allow you to have a sexy and comfortable look. Ideal to go dancing or for a special date. You can wear red, black and even white dresses, combine them with the color of the shoes.
Recommendations for wearing high-top boots
We know that in real life not all garments are seen on the catwalk. And that getting a good look with this model of boots is not so simple, but you can achieve it if you follow our advice. It does not matter if you are tall, short, plump or skinny; there are options for all body types.
- Use the least amount of jewelry possible. You do not want your look to be overloaded. Let the boots be the center of attention.
- Invest in a good pair of boots over the knee, with or without a heel, this will depend on your taste. Look for some that combine with everything, that looks good with jeans but also with a dress. Find versatility
- Wear boots with clothing that is covered at least at one point. That is, with a high neckline, with long sleeves.
- Complete your look with a coat or jacket on the coldest days, will not detract attention to the boots.
- Do not let the skin space between the boots and the skirt, shorts or sweatshirt exceed 15 centimeters.
- Buy boots that fit well on your legs, neither too tight nor too loose.
- If you’re afraid to wear boots over your knee, opt for a monochrome look, and combine black leather boots with a jersey or sweatshirt of the same tone and an asymmetrical skirt.
You already know 9 different ways to combine boots above the knee. And some recommendations on how to use this type of footwear. Remember that these are not only for the catwalks and that you can include them in your daily fall/winter looks. Let us know what outfits you prefer and how you like to wear these shoes.