Activated charcoal is a very porous substance obtained from various charcoalaceous materials of organic origin (charcoal, coconut coal, coal coke). The process of transformation of the starting substance is technically simple enough and it can be briefly described as opening the pores of coal with the help of thermal, chemical or steam treatment.
Due to its super porous structure, activated charcoal as a magnet (or rather, as a sorbent) draws out organic toxins, impurities and impurities. This property we use when we drink it with food poisoning or when we want to get clean drinking water. Most filters have a built-in cartridge with activated charcoal (charcoal filters).
Activated charcoal in cosmetics
Unique absorbent and cleaning properties of activated charcoal have long and successfully been used not only for poisoning, but also for the slenderness of the figure (for weight loss), as well as in cosmetology.
Activated charcoal in cosmetics has proven itself as an excellent tool. Judge for yourself about the benefits …
- Activated charcoal is easily added to almost any cosmetic product for the face. There is soap based on activated charcoal, cleansing foams, gels for washing, masks, peelings, scrubs, moisturizers);
- Activated charcoal does not cause allergies and habituation. It is absolutely neutral natural product, which will suit absolutely any skin.
- Despite the fact that it can be used on any skin, cosmetics with activated charcoal are especially good for porous, oily and problematic skin. It can be used both on an ongoing basis and as a prophylaxis (1-2 times a week).
- Some cosmetologists prefer activated charcoal to clay considering it a more “pure” product. Moreover, clay dries the skin, and coal is not.
Soap with activated charcoal
In natural cosmetics one of its most famous products is the very popular Detox soap – it is a soap based on activated charcoal. The facial cleanser is completely natural, containing also oils and extracts of medicinal herbs, plants and berries of Siberia (oil of Altai sea-buckthorn, cedar, flax, shea, raspberry bones and extracts of lemon grass berries, birch buds, cloudberry, and cowberry).
The detox soap are mostly enthusiastic. Girls are amazed by the quality and natural composition of this soap on activated charcoal. Everyone remarks that the skin has become cleaner, soap has cleared from black spots and acne. This soap based on activated charcoal can be bought from us in the store.
Soap with activated charcoal handmade
Attention! When working with activated charcoal, be aware that it can leave dirty stains on clothing (removed when washing).
- 1 teaspoon activated charcoal
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel (or pure aloe vera juice)
- 1 teaspoon of water, pink ( or other flower ) water
- 5 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt.
All ingredients should be carefully mixed in a small bowl (preferably porcelain or glass) and applied to a cleaned face with a thin layer. Allow the mask to dry, then rinse off with warm or cool water.
Tip: The face can be cleaned with soap based on activated charcoal, then you will get a double effect from the procedure.
To summarize, I want to say that activated charcoal is the greatest find of man, an indispensable thing for food items and a great way to look after the skin.